At Clear Dental we understand that dental emergencies happen. So, when one does occur we’re here to help. Clear Dental offers a full emergency dental service in Richmond BC. We have created some top tips to help you through your dental emergency!
- Lost filling: Use a piece of sugar gum to cover the empty cavity, or you can use over the counter cement. Book an emergency appointment as soon as possible.
- Broken braces: Use a pencil eraser to try to fold any sharp ends of wires back down safely, if that doesn’t work; use orthodontic wax to cover the wire, or gauze. Get an appointment with your orthodontist to repair the problem.
- Abscesses: This is an infection that is around the root of the tooth, it is a serious condition and it is important that you see a dentist immediately. While you are waiting for your emergency dental appointment, rinse your mouth out with salty warm water to clean the infected area.
- Knocked out tooth: Find the missing tooth, hold it by the enamel covered crown, not the root! Rinse it off with water but do not scrub it. Attempt to replace the tooth in its original position and hold it there until you get to your emergency dentist appointment, or you can store the tooth in a cup of milk while making your way to the appointment.
- Toothache: Rinse your mouth thoroughly with warm water. If the toothache is caused by food stuck in your teeth, try using dental floss to remove it. Otherwise apply a cold compress while waiting to see the dentist in order to alleviate pain and swelling.
- Chipped & broken teeth: Save any pieces of the tooth, use warm water to rinse your mouth clean. Apply gauze if there is bleeding, for 10 minutes, and use a cold compress on the outside of the mouth to help with swelling while you’re waiting to see an emergency dentist.
Don’t panic, just follow these tips to reduce the risk of a more serious problem and to help ease pain and swelling. Clear Dental is your emergency dentist in Richmond BC. Contact us today to book an appointment; 604-271-4048.